About the Course
Duration: 50 mins (approx)
All schools have a legal responsibility and duty of care towards protecting the wellbeing of their staff and students, including relevant first aid provision. It is essential that all staff have an awareness of how to provide first aid in case of an emergency and have the confidence in reacting to any incident when pupils, staff or visitors to the school may need urgent help.
Our Essential CPD course on first aid provides you and your staff with the core content you need to ensure adherence with all your first aid requirements. Delivered in high-quality video CPD format that has been skilfully organised for busy workloads and is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere, our first aid training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner.
Delivered by subject matter expert, Samantha Kendall, the course has been divided into 11 easily digestible modules and contains links to further learning, resources and activities throughout, with knowledge tests and assessments to help you evidence your first aid compliance.
Disclaimer: This CPD certified course has been designed to increase your awareness around first aid. Please note that relevant staff should still receive practical, hands-on, first aid training in order to qualify as a first-aider, or emergency first-aider, and continue to refresh their skills on an annual basis.
Designed in line with the following policies
- The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
- Understanding your responsibilities around first aid and the training available
- An awareness of key legislation, policy and statutory requirements around first aid
- Learning how to help an unconscious person, performing CPR and the recovery position
- Treating injuries and practical guidance on using essential first aid equipment
- Recognising situations when emergency first aid may be needed and how to respond