Course Duration: 1 hour 5 minutes (maximum)
All schools have a duty to comply with the legal requirements which fall under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and its associated regulations. It is essential that all staff have an awareness of health and safety law in order to ensure that they are able to recognise, follow and implement the correct health and safety procedures. This is vital in order to minimise accidents and injuries to pupils, staff and visitors at school.
Our Essential CPD course on health and safety provides you and your staff with the core content you need to ensure adherence with all your health and safety regulations. Delivered in high-quality video CPD format that has been skilfully organised for busy workloads and is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere, our health and safety training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner.
Delivered by subject matter expert, Will Taylor, the course has been divided into seven easily digestible modules and contains links to further learning, resources and activities throughout, with knowledge tests and assessments to help you evidence your health & safety compliance.
Designed in line with the following policies
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Control of Substances to Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Recognise your obligations under health and safety law and the consequences of poor practice
- An awareness of key health and safety policies and procedures
- Understanding risk assessments and ensuring thorough assessments of hazards and risks
- Learning your statutory responsibilities around systems and equipment
- Consideration around specific health and safety risks and following the correct protocols