Course Duration: 38 minutes (approx.)
All staff who are liable to disturb asbestos during their normal course of work should have an awareness of how to avoid asbestos and manage the risks around it. It’s essential that all staff whose work may require them to disturb asbestos-containing materials know how to effectively conduct risk assessments and implement preventative measures.
Our Essential CPD course on managing asbestos provides you and your staff with the core content you need to ensure you understand your health and safety obligations around work involving asbestos containing materials. Delivered in high-quality video CPD format that has been skilfully organised for busy workloads and is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere, our training on managing asbestos has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner.
Delivered by subject matter expert James Whelan, the course contains links to further learning and resources throughout, with a knowledge assessment at the end to help you evidence your compliance in managing asbestos.
Designed in line with the following policies
- Health and safety: responsibilities and duties for schools 2018
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Understand the properties of asbestos and recognising asbestos-containing materials (ACMs)
- Recognising the different types of asbestos, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos materials in buildings and plant
- Identifying the procedures to deal with an emergency involving asbestos and how to respond effectively
- Understanding how to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos and how to protect yourself and others through thorough risk assessments