Course Duration: 57 minutes (approx.)
Menopause is a commonplace life event that can have a profound effect on the lives of women in schools across the UK. For that reason, it is vital that schools have an awareness of what impact menopause can have on staff and what measures they can put in place to make the environment they work in more inclusive and supportive.
This Essential CPD course provides you with the knowledge and skills to understand what menopause is and recognise and support colleagues who may be experiencing symptoms.
Delivered by the diversity and equality experts, the Global Equality Collective, the course has been split into six bite-size modules and has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost-effective and time-efficient manner. It has been produced in high-quality remote video CPD format which is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere.
Please note: The course consists of learning through video, task completion and further reading/research. Please consider this when planning and allocating your time. To successfully understand and achieve the objectives from the course, learners are expected to engage in all aspects of the learning process and complete all relevant activities to ensure they can successfully apply the knowledge and skills they have gained in their own setting.
- Understanding the definitions of, different stages associated with and hormones involved in both perimenopause and menopause.
- Recognising the physical and mental impact of the menopause on females and how it can affect both the body and the brain.
- Realising the factors that can affect both the symptoms associated with menopause and how staff can be supported.
- Understanding the challenges of working in education when experiencing menopause and identifying practical ways to support staff.
- Appreciating what steps can be taken by senior leaders, colleagues and those experiencing menopause to help create a more inclusive environment.