About the Course
Duration: 45 mins (approx)
All schools have a legal responsibility and duty of care towards protecting their pupils, including relevant first aid provision. It is essential that all staff have an awareness of how to provide first aid for children in case of an emergency and have the confidence to be able to react if children need urgent medical care.
Our Essential CPD course on paediatric first aid provides you and your staff with the core content you need to ensure adherence with all your first aid requirements. Delivered in high-quality video CPD format that has been skilfully organised for busy workloads and is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere, our paediatric first aid training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner.
Delivered by subject matter expert, Samantha Kendall, the course has been divided into 8 easily digestible modules and contains references to further learning and resources with an assessment test at the end to help you evidence your paediatric first aid compliance.
Designed in line with the following policies
- The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
- First Aid in Schools 2014
- Understanding how to respond in both an emergency and non-emergency situation involving children and babies
- Recognising how to help an unconscious child or baby, performing CPR and how to perform the recovery position
- Developing confidence in treating minor and major bleeds
- Identifying different types of choking and practical advice on responding to incidents
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of childhood illnesses and allergies and guidance on treatment