Course Duration: 1h 10m (approx) online training + self-directed learning and activities + final assessment.
All schools must ensure that they have robust policies in place around the selection and suitability of prospective employees and that they are proactively creating a culture of safer recruitment. It is essential that all staff have an awareness of safer recruitment as part of their statutory duty to keep children safe from harm and abuse.
This Essential CPD course provides you with the core content you need to understand your statutory and legislative requirements as part of the safer recruitment process.
Split into bite-sized modules, the training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost-effective and most time-efficient manner. It has been produced in high-quality remote video CPD format which is accessible on any device, any time, anywhere.
Developed by Lorna Ponambalum, safeguarding expert and senior leadership education professional, the course is split into eight modules . The course consists of learning through video modules, completion of tasks, further reading and viewing external resources. Please consider this when planning and allocating your time. To successfully understand and achieve the objectives from the course, learners are expected to engage in all aspects of the learning process and complete all relevant activities to ensure they can successfully apply the knowledge and skills they have gained in their own setting.
Designed in line with the following policies:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Staffing and employment advice for schools handbook
- Understanding the legislation and your statutory requirements around safer recruitment in schools and why it is so important.
- Recognising the most effective recruitment process and detailing key internal procedures.
- Cultivating a safer recruitment culture and employing robust practices, including DBS checks.
- Understanding the key principles of safer recruitment and the need for continuous training.
- Identifying best practice in safer recruitment and signposting further resources and help.