Course Duration: 45 minutes (approx.)
The SEND Code of Practice is statutory guidance for organisations that work with and support children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities. All schools must have regard to the guidance when taking decisions relating to pupils with SEN or disabilities
Our Essential CPD course on the SEND Code of Practice provides you and your staff with the core content you need to ensure adherence with teaching and safeguarding children with SEND. Delivered in high-quality video CPD format that has been skilfully organised for busy workloads and is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere, our SEND Code of Practice training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner.
Delivered by subject matter expert, Karen Pilling, the course has been divided into five easily digestible modules and contains links to further learning, resources and activities throughout, with an assessment at the end to help you evidence your SEND Code of Practice compliance.
Designed in line with the following policies
- SEND code of practice: 0 to 25 years 2015
- Understand the legislative framework and your statutory requirements under the SEND Code of Practice
- Recognise the main principles of the Code of Practice and key revisions to ensure relevancy now
- Understanding the implications of the Code of Practice for schools, early years and FE colleges
- Understanding the importance of Education, Health and Care Plans and key policy requirements
- Ensuring parents are effectively engaged at all stages and taking a graduated approach