Course Duration: 82 minutes (approx.)
About the Course
Under the provisions of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order of 2005, appointed fire wardens (or fire marshals) are required to have specialist training in fire safety in order to support employers in ensuring the relevant protective and preventative measures are in place and evacuation procedures are effective.
This essential CPD course provides you with the core content you need to ensure you understand the roles and responsibilities of the fire warden role and what your duties are under the latest fire legislation.
Split into bite-size modules, the training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner. It has been produced in high quality remote video CPD format accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere.
Delivered by chartered health and safety expert, James Whelan, the course has been divided into seven modules with a knowledge assessment at the end to help you evidence your learning.
Designed in line with the following policies:
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Understanding fire legislation and the law underpinning fire safety in the workplace and the role of the fire warden.
- Recognising what the core principles of fire are and the role and responsibilities of a fire warden in assisting and supporting the responsible person and fellow colleagues.
- Understanding your responsibilities when undertaking a fire risk assessment and how to develop a comprehensive fire emergency plan.
- Identifying how to implement safe and robust fire protection and fire prevention measures which comply with fire safety legislation and best practice frameworks.
- Recognising the uses of the various types of fire extinguishers and understanding how they are used to fight different types of fires.
Module 1: Fire facts and figures
Module one will draw upon the statistics of fire-related incidents in the UK to press upon the significance of the risks they pose. Further, it will demonstrate some of the reasons behind how the incidents occur.
Module 2: What is fire?
In module two you will learn about the different classifications of fire, the three triangle elements, common causes of fire in the workplace and why fire can spread so quickly.
Module 3: Fire safety law
Module three will explore the legislation by which all fire wardens must abide. It will also highlight the various policies and procedures that organisations must implement to ensure compliance with the law.
Module 4: Hazard spotting
Module four will help you identify the hazards that may lead to a fire or breach of safety. You will learn the importance of monitoring such hazards and what action, if any, needs to be taken.
Module 5: Evacuation techniques
In module five you will learn about the various evacuation techniques that can be used to safely evacuate a building in the event of a fire.
Module 6: Roles and responsibilities
Module six will explore the roles of the fire warden in different organisations, including the everyday management of fire safety measures.
Module 7: Portable firefighting equipment
In this module, you will learn about the different types of fire extinguishers, including their uses and limitations.