About the Course
Duration: 21 minutes (approx.)
A first aid appointed person has a crucial role in your organisation, first aid measures and risk assessments. They must understand how to look after the first aid equipment, take charge when a person is unwell or injured, contact emergency services, and other additional duties.
This Essential CPD course provides you with the core content you need to carry out your duties competently and confidently as the first aid appointed person, including the best way to support colleagues, when to contact outside help and how and when to provide cover to first aiders.
Split into bite-size modules, the training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner. It has been produced in high quality remote video CPD format which is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere.
Delivered by qualified emergency medical technician Samantha Kendall, the course has been divided into three modules with a knowledge assessment at the end to help you evidence your learning.
Designed in line with the following policies:
- The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
- Recognising how to select a first aid appointed person and when they are required in an organisation.
- Understanding the role of a first aid appointed person and how they should effectively perform their duties in line with best practice.
- Knowing what information is required to make the most effective emergency services call to support the casualty.
- Understanding the limitations of the role and how they should act alongside first aiders and effectively call for help in a range of common circumstances.
- Understanding how the role of a first aid appointed person might differ depending on the organisation and how their duties might change.
Module 1: What is an appointed person?
This module will define a first aid appointed person's role, their duties, how they should be selected, and when a first aid appointed person is required. It also offers an overview of one of the main duties – maintaining a first aid kit.
Module 2: How to call for help
Module two will cover how to call for help and how to appropriately support the first aider. It covers who a first aid appointed person should call and what information is required for an effective 999 call. This module also outlines how a first aid appointed person should ensure their own safety.
Module 3: Additional duties
Module three will focus on the additional duties of the first aid appointed person including the nature of work, the workplace hazards and risks, the organisation’s accident history and more. It also outlines how to apply the ‘Three Ps’.