Course Duration: 27 minutes (approx.)
All employers should consider how their workers use machinery and have adequate maintenance arrangements in place to ensure it remains safe to use. It’s essential that all staff who use machinery at work are trained and competent in its use to protect the health and safety of themselves, their colleagues and others who may be affected by the way it is used.
Our Essential CPD course on using machinery provides you and your staff with the core content you need to ensure you understand your health and safety obligations with respect to using machinery. Delivered in high-quality video CPD format that has been skilfully organised for busy workloads and is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere, our training in using machinery has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner.
Delivered by subject matter expert James Whelan, the course has been divided into six easy-to-digest modules and contains links to further learning and resources throughout, with a knowledge assessment at the end to help you evidence your compliance in using machinery.
Designed in line with the following policies
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Understand your legal obligations involving the use of machinery and meeting your health and safety requirements
- Recognising the different hazards around using different types of machinery and the specific health and safety implications
- Identifying how to conduct risk assessments and following correct protocol around the safe use of equipment and maintenance
- Identifying training requirements and the different preventative measures that should be put in place to reduce risk and avoid a breach of regulations