Course Duration: 1 hour (approx.)
With cybercrime on the rise, schools are often viewed as an easy target and are subject to the same level of cyber threat as every other organisation. This means it is essential that all staff are up to date with their responsibilities in guarding against an online attack and understand what information should be protected and how. This is especially important since the introduction of GDPR.
Our Essential CPD course on cyber security provides you and your staff with the core content you need to ensure adherence with the latest cyber security guideline. Delivered in high-quality video CPD format that has been skilfully organised for busy workloads and is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere, our cyber security training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner.
Delivered by subject matter expert, Emma Davis, the course has been divided into 10 easily digestible modules and contains links to further learning, resources and activities throughout, with knowledge tests and assessments to help you evidence your cyber security compliance.
Designed in line with the following policies
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) Security Guidance
- The Computer Misuse Act 1990
- Understanding cyber security, information security and your legislative duties
- Identifying the types of information schools hold, including commercial data and intellectual property
- Recognising different cyberattacks and the impact they can have on your school
- Implementing a whole school preventative and proactive approach to cyber security
- How to minimise the risk of a cyberattack and how to investigate and report an incident