About the Course
Duration: 30 mins (approx)
The Prevent duty forms one part of the UK’s overarching strategy to reduce the threat from terrorism. It is essential that all staff are up to date with their requirements under the Prevent duty and are able to recognise and respond to signs of radicalisation. This is particularly important within a wider safeguarding context, as referenced in the Ofsted Framework and the Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSiE) 2019 statutory guidance.
Our Essential CPD course on the Prevent duty provides you and your staff with the core content you need to ensure adherence with Prevent policy. Delivered in high-quality video CPD format that has been skilfully organised for busy workloads and is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere, our Prevent training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner.
Delivered by subject matter expert, Professor Imran Awan, the course has been divided into three easily digestible modules and contains links to further learning, resources and activities throughout, with knowledge tests and assessments to help you evidence your Prevent compliance.
Designed in line with the following policies
- The Prevent Duty
- Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015
- Understand how the key objectives of the Prevent duty apply to different roles and responsibilities
- An awareness of key terminology and an insight into different terrorist groups
- Recognising factors which can influence an individual’s vulnerability to radicalisation
- Reducing the risk of radicalisation and understanding the signs through attitudes, behaviours and actions
- Actions and statements which could affect the use of evidence and exploring the referral and intervention process