Course Duration: 51 minutes (approx.)
All maintained schools must promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development of their pupils. It is essential that all staff have a strong understanding of SMSC so that, as part of a broad and balanced curriculum, they can demonstrate they are actively promoting fundamental British values (FBV).
Our Essential CPD course on fundamental British values provides you and your staff with the core content you need to ensure that you are delivering a strong SMSC provision and complying with Ofsted requirements. Delivered in high-quality video CPD format that has been skilfully organised for busy workloads and is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere, our FBV training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner.
Delivered by RSHE subject matter expert, John Rees, the course has been divided into six easily digestible modules and contains references to further learning, resources and activities throughout, with an assessment to help you evidence your fundamental British values compliance.
Designed in line with the following policies
- Promoting fundamental British values as part of SMSC in schools
- Ofsted Education Inspection Framework 2019
- The Teachers Standards 2011
- Relationships Education, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education
- Understand and define what fundamental British values are and the core policy around teaching and education of FBV.
- Recognising how FBV links into SMSC and can be implemented into a curriculum framework. Identify what Ofsted expect in relation to FBV and the SMSC development of pupils.
- Recognising what staff should consider when developing a curriculum around FBV and challenging existing stereotypes
- Exploring British values in the context of both your own personal and professional values as well as your school values.