About the Course
Duration: 26 mins (approx)
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 places a responsibility on all schools to control substances that are hazardous to health. It is essential that all staff are able to recognise potential hazards, create a safe working environment and respond effectively in the event of an emergency.
Our Essential CPD course on handling, storing and disposing of hazardous materials provides you and your staff with the core content you need to ensure you understand your health and safety requirements when dealing with hazardous substances. Delivered in high-quality video CPD format that has been skilfully organised for busy workloads and is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere, our training on handling, storing and disposing of hazardous materials has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner.
Delivered by subject matter expert James Whelan, the course has been divided into seven easy-to-digest modules and contains links to further learning and resources throughout, with a knowledge assessment at the end to help you evidence your compliance in handling, storing and disposing of hazardous materials.
Designed in line with the following policies
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Understand your legislative duties and conducting a COSHH risk assessment.
- Recognising different hazardous substances and the impact they can have on health and safety.
- Identifying the procedures to help reduce and control exposure in a workplace environment.
- Understanding the hierarchy of controls and how to effectively dispose of different types of hazardous waste.