Course Duration: 35 minutes (approx.)
This course will provide school leaders, school staff, governing bodies and responsible bodies (as duty holders) with practical advice and guidance on how to manage asbestos in educational settings, in line with the 2020 DfE ‘Asbestos Management in Schools’ guidance. The guidance states the importance of locating and managing asbestos in schools effectively. Failure to comply with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 is a criminal offence.
Our Essential CPD course on managing asbestos in schools provides you with the core content you need to ensure you understand your requirements for the effective management of asbestos materials within schools and colleges. Delivered in high-quality video CPD format that has been skilfully organised for busy workloads and is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere, our training on managing asbestos in schools has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner.
Delivered by subject matter expert James Whelan, the course contains links to further learning and resources throughout, with a knowledge assessment at the end to help you evidence your compliance in managing asbestos.
Designed in line with the following policies
- Asbestos Management in Schools 2020
- Asbestos Management
- Checklist for Schools HSE Duty to Manage Asbestos and Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Understand your legislative responsibilities and wider duties under health and safety regulations around managing asbestos in schools.
- Recognising the different types of asbestos, associated risks and individual responsibilities of senior leaders, dutyholders and school staff.
- Identifying how to meet the day to day management of asbestos in schools, including undertaking surveys, assessing risks and preparing a management plan.
- Understanding how to manage the risk of asbestos disturbance during work on the school premises and actions to take if there is an affected area.