Course Duration: 1 hour 1 minute (approx.)
Child protection and safeguarding policies require regular audits to ensure they are up to date and fit for purpose. They should be subject to scrutiny from leaders and other stakeholders to make sure they are responding to the latest risks to children and reflective of current best practice child protection and safeguarding measures.
Developed by Lorna Ponambalum, an independent safeguarding and inclusion consultant, this Essential CPD course provides you with the practical knowledge and skills necessary to audit, evaluate and enhance your child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures in line with best practice.
Please note: The course consists of learning through video, task completion and further reading/research. Please consider this when planning and allocating your time. To successfully understand and achieve the objectives from the course, learners are expected to engage in all aspects of the learning process and complete all relevant activities to ensure they can successfully apply the knowledge and skills they have gained in their own setting.
Designed in-line with the following policies:
- Keeping children safe in education
- Understanding the challenges associated with safeguarding in international schools and how to develop a robust child protection and safeguarding policy.
- Identifying the child protection and safeguarding risks posed to children and young people and how to develop a culture of vigilance across the whole school.
- Recognising how to conduct a thorough evaluation of child protection and safeguarding practice in school and what to look for during an audit or review.
- Understanding recommended safer recruitment procedures, the importance of developing a clear policy and how to maintain a single central record.
- Recognising the range of support available for internationals schools and how to develop effective child protection and safeguarding provision in line with best practice.