Course Duration: 35 minutes (approx.)
All schools must ensure that they have robust policies in place around the selection and suitability of prospective employees and that they are proactively creating a culture of safer recruitment. It is essential that all staff have an awareness of safer recruitment as part of their statutory duty to keep children safe from harm and abuse.
Our Essential CPD course in safer recruitment provides you and your staff with the core content you need to ensure adherence with safer recruitment procedures. Delivered in high-quality video CPD format that has been skilfully organised for busy workloads and is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere, our safer recruitment training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost effective and most time-efficient manner.
Delivered by subject matter expert, Christina Leath, the course has been divided into four easily digestible modules and contains links to further learning, resources and activities throughout, with knowledge tests and assessments to help you evidence your safer recruitment compliance.
Designed in line with the following policies
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2020 (KCSiE)
- Staffing and employment advice for schools (DfE 2017)
- Understand the legislation and your statutory requirements around safer recruitment in schools
- Recognise the most effective recruitment process and detailing key internal procedures
- Cultivating a safer recruitment culture and employing robust practices, including DBS checks
- Understanding the key principles of safer recruitment and the need for continuous training
- Identifying best practice in safer recruitment and signposting further resources and help