Course Duration: 20m (approx) online training + self-directed learning and activities + final assessment.
The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 requires employers to ensure the health and safety of all employees and anyone who may be affected by their work, so far as is reasonably practicable. This includes taking steps to control the risks of slips, trips and falls.
This essential CPD course provides you with the core content you need to ensure you understand how to prevent slips, trips and falls in your organisation as well as your responsibilities in complying with legislation that ensures workplaces are safe for everyone.
Split into bite-sized modules, the training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost-effective and most time-efficient manner. It has been produced in high-quality remote video CPD format accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere.
Delivered by chartered health and safety expert, James Whelan, the course has been divided into three modules with a knowledge assessment at the end to help you evidence your learning.
Designed in line with the following policies:
- Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013
- Understanding the legislation that demands all workplaces mitigate the risks of accidents and ensures the health and safety of workers and other persons.
- Recognising your responsibilities to the upkeep and maintenance of your workplace to prevent slips, trips and falls.
- Identifying the risks associated with slips, trips and falls and implementing best practice measures to prevent accidents.
- Understanding the importance of conducting risk assessments and following the 5-step approach.
- Recognising the consequences of not complying with the relevant legislation and simple steps that employees can also take to reduce the risk of injury or harm.
Module 1: What are slips, trips, and falls?
Module one will explore what slips, trips and falls are; how they can happen and the impact they can have on individuals, the organisation and wider community.
Module 2: Legislation
Module two will explore the relevant legislation most commonly associated with slips, trips and falls and the importance of carrying out a risk assessment in order to implement sensible control measures.
Module 3: Preventing accidents
In module three, you will learn what practical steps you can put into place in order to mitigate the risks of slips, trips and falls under the three main groups of risk factors; floor contamination, floors and footwear, and prevention of trips.