Course Duration: 70 minutes (approx.)
17.9 million working days were lost due to work-related stress, depression or anxiety according to a report published by the Health and Safety Executive. In order to remain healthy, happy and productive, it is vitally important you learn to recognise the signs of stress and support your own mental wellbeing. This is particularly important given the current circumstances and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This essential CPD course provides you with the core content you need to ensure you have the right tools in place to recognise the symptoms of stress, develop a level of self-awareness and build your own stress management techniques.
Split into bite-size modules, the training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost-effective and most time-efficient manner. It has been produced in high-quality remote video CPD format which is accessible on any device, any time, anywhere.
Delivered by mental health and wellbeing expert Anna Bateman the course has been divided into six modules with a knowledge assessment at the end to help you evidence your learning.
Designed in line with the following policies:
- Mental Health Foundation ‘How to Manage and Reduce Stress’
- Understanding the underlying factors that can contribute towards high stress levels and recognising the impact stress can have in both the short and long term.
- Recognising how stress can be detrimental to a person’s mental wellbeing and how to avoid creating or being part of damaging situations in the workplace.
- Identifying the sources of stress and how different stressors can affect people’s standards of work, mindset and physical health.
- Understanding how certain types/levels of stress can be beneficial and how to develop self-help methods to better control levels of stress and anxiety.
- Recognising the stigma attached to stress, how to overcome challenges in the workplace and where to go for further advice and support.
Module 1: What is stress?
Module one will begin by exploring what stress actually is and how it impacts people’s lives, both in the short and long term.
Module 2: The signs of stress
Module two will highlight how stress manifests itself, including physical and behavioural effects. This module will also cover how to recognise when certain signals can be attributed to stress.
Module 3: The causes of stress
This module will explore the various stressors that can be detrimental to a person’s mental health, including external stressors and personal contributing factors.
Module 4: Stress management and helping yourself
Module four will demonstrate self-help techniques and actions a person may take to alleviate their stress levels or a stressful situation. It will also cover both activities to increase and decrease arousal.
Module 5: Stigma and barriers
This module will demonstrate the stigma that still envelops mental health today, how this can be detrimental and what can be done to change the culture.
Module 6: How to talk about stress
Module six will walk you through approaching the topic of stress with your employer, where to find additional support and how to develop your own mental health action plan.