About the Course
Duration: 29 minutes (approx).
Falls from a height remain the most common cause of workplace fatalities but working at height is often unavoidable. Employers must ensure any work at height is undertaken in a safe and secure manner and that regulations are strictly followed. This includes the planning, the supervision, and ensuring the work is carried out by competent people.
This essential CPD course provides you with the core content you need to ensure that work conducted at a height in your setting is done in a safe and reliable manner and follows the relevant legal framework.
Split into bite-sized modules, the training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost-effective and time-efficient manner. It has been produced in high-quality remote video CPD format which is accessible on any device, anytime, anywhere.
Delivered by health and safety expert James Whelan, the course has been divided into five modules with a knowledge assessment at the end to help you evidence your learning.
Designed in line with the following policies:
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Understanding your legal responsibilities when working at height or employing someone to work at height in your setting.
- Recognising the dangers associated with working at height as well as how to prevent them.
- Understanding the regulations by which you must abide before, during, and after any work at height is carried out.
- Understanding how to complete an effective risk assessment before work at height is undertaken and how this can be used to demonstrate compliance if an incident does occur.
- Identifying the main features of working at height, what it entails and how to recognise when it is needed in your setting.
Module 1: The law regarding working at height
In module one, you will understand the law regarding working at height, and how Health and Safety legislation for all workplace activities is applied in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. It also outlines the risks of failing to comply with the act.
Module 2: Hierarchy of controls for working at height
Module two will explore the Hierarchy of Controls for working at height, including what measures should be taken to protect yourself and others when working at height. It outlines measures to consider to ensure collective and personal protection.
Module 3: Planning work at height and selecting equipment
In module three, you will understand what to consider when planning work at height and how to select the right equipment to use for a job. It outlines the requirements in law that must be considered and offers guidance as to how to select the right equipment.
Module 4: The safe use of ladders and stepladders
In this module, you will learn the safe use of ladders and stepladders with simple, sensible precautions to keep yourself and others safe in the workplace.