Course Duration: 29 minutes (approx.)
Employers have a legal duty to ensure that those who undertake work in a confined space have adequate training to do so. In a wide range of industries, many people in the UK are killed or seriously injured as a result of working in confined spaces or due to a lack of adequate training when attempting to rescue others.
This essential CPD course provides you with the core content you need to know in relation to working in confined spaces, including identifying risks and performing risk assessments.
Split into bite-sized modules, the training has been designed to provide maximum learning potential in the leanest, most cost-effective and most time-efficient manner. It has been produced in high-quality remote video CPD format which is accessible on any device, any time, anywhere.
Delivered by chartered health and safety expert, James Whelan, this course is split into three modules with a knowledge assessment at the end to help you evidence your learning.
Designed in line with the following policies:
- Confined Space Regulations 1997
- Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Understanding what is meant by and how to identify a confined space and the common risks associated with working in different environments.
- Understanding legal requirements around working in confined spaces and the responsibilities of employers.
- Recognising how and when to conduct a risk assessment and who should complete it.
- Identifying safe systems of work and the importance of using a detailed risk assessment to guide the necessary safey measures that should be employed.
- Recognising how to implement effective emergency procedures and the type of training individuals need in order to undertake an emergency rescue.
Module 1: The dangers of confined spaces
This module will explore the definition of a confined space, provide typical examples and discuss the associated risks with working in these areas.
Module 2: Legislation and risk assessments
This module will cover key aspects of the legislation surrounding working in confined spaces, including the need to carry out a sufficiently detailed risk assessment.
Module 3: Safe systems of work for confined spaces
This module explains safe systems of work for confined spaces and the central role risk assessments play in identifying the precautions needed to reduce the risk of injury.