Ofsted are turning the screw with their level and depth of inspections within schools – so it’s crucial to be prepared! In more specific terms, we’re referring to the ‘deep dive’ programme, which forms part of the new education inspection framework.
In short, Ofsted will be carrying this out to garner an in-depth view of the day-to-day happenings within your school. Firstly, the scheme will evaluate what children are learning and their performance, ahead of then taking an assessment of the areas of the curriculum which need to be explored further.
We understand that some teachers are slightly apprehensive about the upcoming level of scrutiny they feel will come with the inspections, but we’re here to offer some guidance and much needed reassurance!
So, let’s take a look at the programme in further detail and what it entails, most importantly for subject leads, school teachers and governors. Our webinar will really drill down on every aspect of the subject and will hopefully answer all of the questions which you may have.
Maggie Parker, a highly experienced practising Inspector who is supporting schools on SEND and working closely with the DfE, will be delivering it – so you can be safe in the knowledge that you’ll have subject matter expertise on your side!
As a takeaway from the webinar, we anticipate that you will have developed or further understood the following learning outcomes:
- Understanding the role of subject leads and school leaders around deep dives under the EIF.
- How deep dives are shaped, their purpose and what inspectors are looking for.
- Significant questions that inspectors may focus on during a deep dive.
- How Ofsted judges curriculums and key features according to Ofsted guidance.
- Assessing your school’s wider curriculum and evaluating current teaching and learning.